Advice from Moms about returning to work
- You’re feelings are valid and real! This is tough and that’s okay.
- You are a new person now that you are a mom. You have different priorities and needs, so remember that!
- It might take a while to get into the new rhythm but take each day one step at a time.
- Give yourself grace!
- Recognize and embrace your limitations – don’t be afraid to say no.
- You will feel guilt but try to not spend too much unnecessary energy on this.
- Put yourself first.
- Things don’t have to be the same as they were – you are a new person, and sometimes your job has to adjust to that.
- You are not alone!
- You can look forward to going back but still struggle. That’s okay!
- Join a support group and talk about how you are feeling.
- Share how you are feeling with those around you – your doctor, your family, even your coworkers!
- Be proud of yourself, mama! You are an amazing example of a strong woman for your little one!
- If it’s too much to handle, there are options. Change what you need to in order for your work to fit into your life.
- Bottom line, it’s a hard transition. But it does get better with time.
We know it’s not easy to go back to work, but you have all the support from moms who have been in your shoes. Reach out on our private Facebook page if you need some support or consider being paired with one of our Mom Mentors to some one-on-one support.
You’ve got this mama. Do what you need to do to make things manageable and fit into what you and your family need.